DO NOT COME TO THE SURGERY IF YOU OR A MEMBER OF YOUR HOUSEHOLD HAVE A COUGH OR FEVER. PLEASE STAY AT HOME AND SELF ISOLATE FOR 14 DAYS.
NHS 111 ONLINE - https://111.nhs.uk/service/covid-19
If you develop symptoms
If you or a member of your household have a new continuous cough or fever (above 37.8 degrees centigrade), the current advice is to go home and self-isolate for 14 days. DO NOT GO TO YOUR GP SURGERY OR HOSPITAL.
If you have serious symptoms that you cannot manage at home you should use NHS 111 online.
After 14 days of self-isolation, people who feel better and no longer have a high temperature can return to their normal routine. If they have not had any signs of improvement after 7 days and have not already sought medical advice, they should use NHS111 online (people should only call NHS111 if they cannot get online) before they leave their home or let visitors in.
Cough may persist for several weeks in some people, despite the coronavirus infection having cleared.
Please follow the link below for general information about Coronavirus -
What is coronavirus?
A coronavirus is a type of virus. As a group, coronaviruses are common across the world. Typical symptoms of coronavirus include fever and a cough that may progress to a severe pneumonia causing shortness of breath and breathing difficulties.
Generally, coronavirus can cause more severe symptoms in people with weakened immune systems, older people, and those with long-term conditions like diabetes, cancer and chronic lung disease.
Wuhan novel coronavirus is a new strain of coronavirus first identified in Wuhan City, China.
How to avoid catching or spreading coronavirus
- Wash your hands with soap and water often – do this for at least 20 seconds
- Always wash your hands when you get home or into work
- Use hand sanitiser gel which contains alcohol if soap and water are not available
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
- Put used tissues in the bin straight away and wash your hands afterwards
- Try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell
- Do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean