Lavant Road Surgery offers Travel vaccination advice.
In the first instance please contact the surgery to make a telephone appointment with the practice nurse. Prior to this appointment, please research the country you are planning to visit via the recommended websites listed below:
- NHS Fit for Travel
- National Travel Health Network and Centre
- Foreign Office
Please remember that most immunisations take up to 14 days to be effective. Some need to be ordered by prescription beforehand and some require a course of injections over several weeks.
Some vaccinations are not available on the NHS and there will be a charge for these (please see below). It is the responsibility of the patient to ensure you have given enough time for the required vaccination programme before you are due to travel.
During your telephone consultation with the practice nurse an appointment will be booked for you to come in to receive the vaccinations. If a fee is due payment must be made before the vaccination can be carried out.
Vaccinations available here at Lavant Road Surgery are:
- Tetanus, diphtheria and polio
- Hepatitis A
- Hepatitis B (there is a charge for this vaccination)
- Rabies (there is a charge for this vaccination)
- Yellow fever (there is a charge for this vaccination)
You will be advised during your telephone consultation of the cost involved.
Travel advice can also be obtained from:
- Arun Travel Clinic – Five Villages Pharmacy, 49 Barnham Road, Barnham, West Sussex, PO22 0ER – Tel 01243 554061
- Boots Pharmacy – 10 – 12 North Street, Chichester – Tel 01243 819012
- Hampshire Travel and Vaccination Clinic, 97 Havant Road, Emsowrth, PO10 7LF Tel 01243 388718
- St Peters Travel Clinic, 30-36 Oxford Street, Brighton, East Sussex, BN1 4LA – Tel 01273 606636
- Sussex Travel Clinic Hove, Suite 2, The Drive, Hove, BN3 3JD Tel 01273 749100
- Sussex Travel Clinic Worthing, 23 Farncombe Road, Worthing, BN11 0AY Tel 01903 254774
- Tesco’s Pharmacy – Fishbourne Road East, Chichester – 0345 677 9149